How can I modify board settings

Bill Sim January 29, 2019

As the site admin (and I've added myself to every existing group), and project admin, I can't edit board settings. I do not get the option to edit the board from the ...

What am I missing?

(Next-gen project. Kanban Board created with the wizard at project creation.)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gurpreet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2019

there are no board settings available on next-gen projects (like we have for classic projects)

the only settings on next-gen projects are Project Settings. 

hope this helps

• It does help, in the sense that I can stop looking for configuration options.
  • It doesn't help in that I can't configure it...
  • Why has it been set up that one can't adjust board settings in next-gen projects?
  • Is there a plan to change this?
Gurpreet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2019

the next-gen projects are still work in progress. atlassian keeps on adding features incrementally to them and am sure moving forward they will have the config options too. 

for updates on what is coming in future for next-gen projects please go to 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agility-articles/What-s-coming-soon-for-next-gen-projects-in-Jira-Software-Cloud/ba-p/894784

Ok. Sweet. I guess I won't be using next-gen projects for a while then. Thanks!

Ryan Lynch May 6, 2021

how does one change back to a classic project, or must one restart the entire process? @Gurpreet

Suggest an answer