How can I limit user from specific group can edit issue which is in the specific status

Ivan Monma May 14, 2024

I'm trying it this way: in the flow properties, I add the jira.permission.edit.group property and the group ID in the value. But it does not work. What can I do?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2024

Hi @Ivan Monma 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have you tried entering group name instead of group ID ? You can refer this article - Permissions based on Workflow Status for more details. If this doesn't help, please share a screenshot here.

Ivan Monma May 14, 2024

Yes, I tried the group name and ID, as per this guidance 'https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/changelog/#CHANGE-1010'. Both didn't work.

image.png

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2024

Thank you for confirming and providing the screenshot @Ivan Monma 

Can you please also verify whether the permission scheme is not allowing user roles that permit a larger group of people to edit issues. If only user groups are specified in the permission scheme, the jira.permission.edit.group property appears to work effectively by restricting access. However, it seems that the roles in the permission scheme are bypassing the property check.

Like Ivan Monma likes this
Ivan Monma May 15, 2024

I combined workflow properties with role permissions and it worked. Thank you very much!

Like Kishan Sharma likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events