How can I customize estimation different for each month and not total workload equally diivided for

Saumya Gupta May 25, 2021

How can I customize estimation different for each month and not total workload equally divided for duration. If I log work or issue and effort estimation it automatically divides the time into equal hours for the months 

Example 100 hrs May to Aug 21 ie 4 months. 

May           Jun         Jul      Aug

Jira Default      25h             25h         25h     25h          100/4=25 hrs per month 

Required         10h              40h         40h     10h          tot 100 hours per requirement 

How can I add estimation in required form on Jira?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2021

Hi @Saumya Gupta -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Did you get an answer to your question?  If not, I do not believe this is possible with out-of-the-box Jira features.  There are a couple of related suggestions to improve this, related to using capacity and actual working days remaining:

You could also investigate marketplace apps for purchase that have improved time keeping features: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira

Best regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer