How can I create multiple sprints ahead?

Nina Hua September 22, 2021

I'm trying to create multiple sprints ahead of time before calling them an active sprint. Am I able to do so?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2021

Yes.  From the Backlog Screen, you should be able to create multiple sprints by clicking on the "Create Sprint" button.

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2021

@Nina Hua 

Welcome to the Community!

Yes this is possible. When you go into your sprint backlog there is a Create Sprint button. When you use this button it doesn't create an active sprint. The active sprint is only the sprint which has currently been started. Depending how your instance is setup there may also be a limit to only one Sprint per board at a time, but this is a global setting. So in short you may not even be able to have more than one sprint at a time that's active!

Best,

Clark

Mindy Tran October 19, 2022

Hi @Clark Everson

Piggybacking off of Nina's question -- Do you happen to know if it's possible to bulk load / bulk create multiple sprints ahead of time? 

As an example, say I have a project that requires 52 sprints (1 per week for the year). Is there any easy way to create all those Sprints ahead of time instead of going to the Backlog and creating each sprint manually? 

Thanks in advance for your insights!

Mindy

Like # people like this
0 votes
Jacob Vu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2021

Delete - good answers above.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events