How can I change custom field type from single user selection to multiple user selection?

Esther Amunga February 24, 2021

I want to change from a single user picker to multi user picker

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

You don't.  There's no way to change the type of a field.

You will need to add a new field of the right type, copy over any data you want to keep, and then delete the old field.

vildana_ermaya March 12, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- If you delete the old field, I'm guessing that will delete the info from all the issues that had the field right? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2021

Correct,

if you delete the field (the header information saying "this field is here"), then the issue data has nowhere to exist, and hence simply gets deleted.

vildana_ermaya March 15, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Ah, that's what I suspected. Do you know by chance if there's a feature request open to add the ability to change the field type? Thank you!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2021

There was, but the ones I've seen are all closed with "won't fix" type resolutions

vildana_ermaya March 16, 2021

Ah ok, hopefully we'll be able to change the field type in the future. Thank you for your help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events