How can I assign story points to the Task level?

I've seen documentation on assigning points to the sub-task level. How do I assign points to a task? Currently my flow is to go to the story, add field > select Story Points and enter points.

For Tasks, there is no option to add Story Points to it.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

You need to change the field context for Story Points - check that is set as valid for the right issue types.  Go to Admin -> Issues -> Custom fields to check and change it.  You may also need to add it to screens and check the field configuration

Thank you smile The answer was in Custom Fields, indeed

If we use custom fields for story points in tasks, can we use those custom fields in Burn Down/up reports?

Yes, the board will use whatever field you choose.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

535 views 23 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you