Hosted or Download - different functionality?

The Jira "Download or OnDemand" question states the following, as a benefit of the download option:

Extreme customization

Complete application control

Is there any difference in functionality between the OnDemand and download versions? I can't find anywhere on the site that offers a comparison.

I 've trialled the download, but the cost of upgrading our server to run it well is far more that the Ondemand hosted version so I am looking at that option now. However, I don't want to find that functioanlity I am used to is no longer available.

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Hi Brian,

and which functionalities did you mean in last sentence? We have OnDemand version and as you said, downloaded version is more customisable, we somestimes miss customisation or plugins, because on OnDemand you can't install any plugin(some are only preinstalled). If you want functionality of workflow and JIRA(changing Statuses, who working on this, ...) and you don't need customisations with Javascript for example, OnDemand is for you :)

1 vote

Some functions are restricted on OnDemand and that is the major difference. You can find more info at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand.

In short, not all plugins work on onDemand and custmizations are not allowed.

Thanks, I obviously didn't look hard enough. I think OnDemand will suit us just fine.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,532 views 15 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you