Global Transitions do not show up in the new Jira view

Will May February 3, 2020

One of the reasons I still use the old view in Jira is that global transitions do not show up as workflow transitions in the new view. For example, we have a custom transition that allows us to sync attachments between creative team tickets and development team tickets. In order to manually trigger it, I have to switch from the new view to the old view.

Has anyone else experienced this, or found a workaround for this?

I have provided this as feedback several times and have yet to hear or see anything.

2 answers

0 votes
shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2020

I'm facing same issue

0 votes
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2020

Hello @Will May

The only transition that the new issue view does not support is from a particular status to itself. Is this the case you are dealing with?

Will May February 3, 2020

Hello @Fernando Bordallo

Yes, in the example I mentioned, the status does not change/the status changes to itself. Apologies if I was incorrect in thinking the issue was with Global Transitions.

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2020

Hello again @Will May

So this issue is known. Currently transitions from a status to itself are not supported in the new issue. There were plans to deprecate these in the future but due to the level of use reported these will be re-introduced in the future. You can follow this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72152

Will May December 31, 2020

Is there any way to escalate JRACLOUD-72152? I just commented again in the ticket, because I am concerned that this is still an issue two months after the announcement that the old issue view will be going away after March 31, 2021. If it were not for this issue, I would not be using the old issue view at all!

Today we're announcing that from March 31, 2021, we'll be moving users on the old issue view to the new issue view in Jira Cloud products (Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Jira Core). We're removing the old issue view shortly after. We want to let you know about the recent and upcoming changes, and the key dates so you can get ready for the change.

Suggest an answer