• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Global Transitions do not show up in the new Jira view

One of the reasons I still use the old view in Jira is that global transitions do not show up as workflow transitions in the new view. For example, we have a custom transition that allows us to sync attachments between creative team tickets and development team tickets. In order to manually trigger it, I have to switch from the new view to the old view.

Has anyone else experienced this, or found a workaround for this?

I have provided this as feedback several times and have yet to hear or see anything.

2 answers

0 votes

Hello @Will May

The only transition that the new issue view does not support is from a particular status to itself. Is this the case you are dealing with?

Hello @Fernando Bordallo

Yes, in the example I mentioned, the status does not change/the status changes to itself. Apologies if I was incorrect in thinking the issue was with Global Transitions.

Hello again @Will May

So this issue is known. Currently transitions from a status to itself are not supported in the new issue. There were plans to deprecate these in the future but due to the level of use reported these will be re-introduced in the future. You can follow this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72152

I'm facing same issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you