Errors when closing a sprint - causing problems

Becky Grinnell March 7, 2019

I have a custom created workflow that we use on a 10+ projects.  When we are closing sprints, I select to move open items to either the backlog or the next sprint.  Regardless of my selection I receive numerous errors 

• This issue cannot be edited because of its workflow status.

tickets don't move to the selected sprint, they always go to the backlog

I have to close the error box, and refresh my screen, as the errors just continue to display. The sprint does close. 

1 answer

1 vote
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

Hi Becky,

Most likely, one or more statuses in your workflow has a property set:

jira.issue.editable=false

That prevents you from editing the issue. Moving an issue to a different sprint is in fact editing that issue and changing the value of the field Sprint.

Remove this property and then everything should work.  Have a look here for more information about workflow properties:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/advanced-workflow-configuration-776636620.html#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-transitionproperties

Becky Grinnell March 20, 2019

Sadly, I didn't have that set in this workflow. Thank you for the confluence link, I'll continue to search for answers. I'm sure it's a setting somewhere. 

Russell M
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 28, 2020

Hi Becky,

I'm having the same problem with JIRA. Have you been able to find a solution?

Kishore Kumar Mantini
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 1, 2021

Hi Becky,

Hi Russell,

I'm facing the same problem. Have you been able to find a solution?

Suggest an answer