• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Error when moving rank

I get the following error when trying to adjust the rank in my backlog. Any idea to fix or for my company JIRA Admin?

2021-04-06 15_50_24-Photos.png

1 answer

Hi @Megan Olney 

Reading through some other posts on this symptom, it appears a few things could cause this.  Please consider trying/investigating the following:

• Try clearing your browser cache, closing, and then re-opening the browser. Then try to move issues again.
  • Check if the board/project is using ranking, as that is required to order issues in the backlog.
  • Examine the issue's status and the board settings for the project.  Check if status values are mapped correctly to the board.
  • Check if your site admin has added a custom field named Rank, as this will collide with the internally named field Rank, preventing moving and ordering issues

If it was none of those, and you are on a paid instance of Jira Cloud, please ask your site admin to submit a defect to support here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you