Error creating issue: Unable to update custom field

SeanM October 1, 2013

I created a new project in Jira and assigned to it all of the schemes, etc used by another project. The Project Administration page for both projects are identical. Essentially the new project is a "copy" of the existing one (except that it currently has no issues entered).

When I attempt to create an issue in the new project, I get an error:

Error creating issue: Unable to update custom field customfield_10121 - On Hold History in issue [TUTDEFECT-9].

Why would this project always fail, when teh re is no problem creating issues in the oldre project?

How do I find out what "customfield_10121" is. and what do I need to ddo to get this working?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2013
Sounds like your workflow is using a post function that sets the field, but your new project does not include that field. Start with the list of custom fields - you can hover over each field edit link to see the ID of a field (only the 10210 number applies. You might find it easier to use "view source" in the browser) Once you have found the field, look at it's context configuration. You will probably find it only applies to the older project and adding it to the new one will fix your problem
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2013
Bother, sorry, hard to repeat stuff on a tiny smart phone screen :-). Glad it got you started though!
0 votes
SeanM October 1, 2013

10121, not 10210. But thanks, you pointed me in the right direction. Got things working now.

Suggest an answer