Enforce different users in custom fields (On demand JIRA)

Tessa Radwan July 1, 2014

Hi,

I am setting up a workflow for a quality check/approval workflow, where it is a requirement that the three users involved (Reporter, Quality Checker, Approver) are three distinct users, i.e. the same user can't have two of these roles.

I had originally assumed this could be a Validation carried out during a workflow transition, but I can't see anything that allows me to specify that Approver != Reporter, for example.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tessa

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
gilesthefourth July 28, 2014

Hi Tessa,

Thank you for coming to Atlassian Answers!

I'm afraid this is yet a feature configurable in OnDemand. However, we do have a current Improvement Request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-39257 to impliment this functionality. I encourage you and any of your coworkers seeking this improvement to our workflow to vote on the ticket as it is high visibility to our engineering team. Hope this helps! Let us know if there's any way we may further assist.

Cheers,

James

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2014

This looks like an administrative issue. All you need to NOT give people the extra roles. I've done something similar with multiple transitions from a status back to the same status and blocking forward progress until all approvals are met. Each transition would be restricted to a single role and you can add a restriction against reporter in case they have one of the othe two roles.

Tessa Radwan August 3, 2014

That's a nice idea but unfortunately, the pool of users for the three roles is basically the same, so it wouldn't work for my specific situation.

Suggest an answer