Email issue generation setup

Anthony Schurz March 3, 2013

Hi,

I cannot get our email set up to create issues in JIRA OnDemand. We use gmail. I set up an email address x@massrelevance.com that I want as the designated reporter. I want only emails sent to the group y@massrelevance (of which X is a member) to generate issues.

Please help resolve this nagging issue.

1 answer

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2013

Hi Anthony,
We have a knowledge base article on setting up mail handlers in combination with Gmail, which can be found here.
In the configuration in JIRA itself, you can not filter out emails originating from a certain group. You could however create a filter in the Gmail mail box, and use the IMAP configuration as described in the knowledge base article to filter out the relevant mails for issue creation/commenting. As for you request regarding the designated reporter, you can set the default reporter of issues in the mail handler configuration. However, in order to be ablt to be a reporter of an issue, you also have to be a user with the appropriate rights on the instance.

General documentation regarding mail servers and handlers can be found here and here

Suggest an answer