It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Editable custom field (without editing permission, that's the fun ;)

Hi! 

I'm looking for a way to set a custom field which our team members could edit, but without granting them the editing permission (only managers have that one). 

Probably this is not possible. But just want to know your experience and if you know a workaround. 

Thank you!

Josh

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @1003-Jehosúa Ibuarben

Field-level Security is not an option at this point I'm afraid - there are apps which can take you most of the way but the ones I've found are Server / Data Center only - looks like you're on Cloud so no-go.

This answer is also an option - making all fields non-editable bar the one for users and setting up issue editing via transitions for managers. It could be a process pain-point for managers though - depends how much the other field is needed?

Ste

Thank you, Ste. I'll search a different way to do this job.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

303 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you