Display time elapsed in current status in a field

Jagan Shankar December 5, 2019

I need a field which populates time elapsed in current status. Currently I have placed the script in post-function on transition but it updates only on transition, but it can't tell the current duration in the current status, any pointers will be helpful.

4 answers

0 votes
Dayanand June 23, 2021

@Jagan Shankar ,

Would you share your post function script and its logic please.

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 28, 2020

For Jira Cloud, you can use Status Time add-on. It generates status time report based on your working calendar.
StatusDurations-M.jpg

If you are looking for a free add-on, you can try the free version, Status Time Free.
IssueScreenView-3.gif

Jagan March 11, 2020

Thanks

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 20, 2019

Hi @Jagan Shankar and @Joe Pitt 

Time in Status for Jira Cloud by SaaSJet could be a great solution for you.

This app can generate reports of how long your issues stayed in a specific status. It provides the possibility to view data as number tables or as charts and export them as XLSX or CSV files.

Also, using this add-on you can get graphical and numerical data at the single issue view tab.

Hope it helps to resolve your question

Best Regards

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2019

You may be able to do it with a listener that fires the script. I haven't used them and don't know if the event listener will fire if someone just views the issue.  Is says 'whenever anything happens to an issue' but just viewing it may not count

Jagan Shankar December 5, 2019

Thanks for the reply.

But something I need which will update by itself even when there is no action on that ticket.

Lets say, i have moved the ticket to Assigned status now, so it is 0minutes in this status. if I do a query after 5minutes, will this ticket will show up that field with value as 5 minutes ?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2019

Nothing in JIRA will allow that. I would look for a plugin, but being the cloud limits what plugins you can install. You would need a continuous clock running in the background for EVERY issue. That would be a big drain on the system resources. 

Suggest an answer