Did a CSV import but not seeing the issues

Kathleen Jacobs February 25, 2013

I had a list of sentences I wanted to make into subtasks. It was a long list so i created a CSV where each line would be a summary (So i put \t to show what seperated them). I then said each one ties to a summary and selected the project. (Was going to buk change to a subtask after).

It said 500 issues where created, but I can find them. I got the log and I see a bunch of lines like this:

2013-02-25 15:04:32,293 INFO - Importing issue: ExternalIssue{externalId=autoid-1938164258786527691, summary=3: Verify you can open the app, issueType=null}

But I can't find any of the issues in Jira. :-/

1 answer

0 votes
Immanuel Siagian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

Hello,

It seems that the import did not succeed. Looking at the stack trace, it seems the intended JIRA project does not have a default issue type. You may try to configure that project to have a default issue type as describe on the following article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Incomplete+CSV+Import+when+Issue+Type+Is+Not+Properly+Defined

Cheers

Suggest an answer