Delinking Workflows in same project

S December 14, 2020

Hi,

Under a project Movie project, I have defined various movie types.

Action

Horror

Adventure

For each of these I have defined a sepearte WF... 

Problem - If I make changes on on WF status, it throws an alert message say "Changes on this WF will impact other WF ... bla bla"

how do I delink this associatation between status of WF?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

Workflows are made up of "steps", each of which you will link with a "status", so Jira knows what to tell the users when an issue is at a specific step.

The status are a shared list.  So if you change a status in one workflow, it will affect all the others where the same status is used.

To decouple this, instead of renaming, add a new status with the new name and then associate that with the step.

S December 14, 2020

Good shout... thanks Nic!

S December 14, 2020

I assume - I should not delete the old one with similar name because that can trigger delete at multiple places.... is there any workaround for this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

If you try to delete a status used by an active workflow, Jira will tell you that you can't (without accepting changes to the workflow)

You should not delete the old one unless you have checked that you do not need it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events