Delete a user from our on-demand account

Hi,

I have a user of a person who is not working in the company any more.

I want to remove it from JIRA so he/she will not have access and that I'll stop pay for them because they are not using the system any more.

When I try to delete the user JIRA complain that the user is the author of items in JIRA.

How can I remove the user so he/she will not have access and I'll not pay for them but the history will remain?

Thank you,

Ido.

1 answer

1 votes
Maarten Cautreels Community Champion Sep 13, 2014

Hi Ido,

You could remove him/her from the 'jira-users' group which will deny him access to JIRA and will make sure he's not counted towards your license anymore.

Best,

Maarten

Yup. You don't really want to delete the user - that does destroy some of the history. As Maarten says, disable the user and remove them from groups - they won't count and they can't use the system any more.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,861 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot