Default ordering / sorting for "Issues in this Epic" and "Child Issues / Subtasks"

Pavel Dvořák July 25, 2022

In Epic issue is a list of "Issues in this epic":

issues_in_epic.jpg

If we want to order it by Status, we need to select such an option on each Epic...

Please, could Atlassian make an improvement, so that the admin can configure a default order by for "Issues in this epic"?

So that all Epics will sort it's issues by the configuration selected by admin without the need of selecting it on each Epic...

The same configuration would be appreciated for Child Issues / Subtasks in other than Epic issues...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2022

Hi @Pavel Dvořák 

I found this suggestion to add the option to sort, and comments in it for adding a "default sort" for issues in an epic: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-78353

However I did not find a specific suggestion to make a default sort, so perhaps add a suggestion for your idea.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

Hello @[deleted] 

I found that as well... That issue added the possibility to sort, but not the default sorting configuration...

I need a guidance where to send a suggestion... I thought asking the Community is the first step, then someone from Atlassian will make a ticket from it...

Oh... Do I use the standard Create button on the top and select issue type = suggestion?

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2022

Yes, that is correct.

0 votes
Luke Towers October 20, 2022

@Pavel Dvořák Did you end up loading this suggestion? Cab you please provide the ID so i can upvote

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2022

Hi @Luke Towers 

This looks like the one...Ability to preserve and set default "order by" for issue under Epics: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-79973

Kind regards,
Bill

Like # people like this
Luke Towers October 23, 2022

Thanks Bill

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS