Customize field where I select other issue

Robert Reichl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 27, 2024

I have two issue types. I want to have th possibility to connect them via a field. 

my target is create invoices so I have a issue type article where I have a different articles and an issue type invoice. When I create I invoice I want to be able to select this article. 

target Szenario is that I have maybe 10 articles and my employee creates the invoices but only can select the articles he is assigned to. 

thank you a lot for your help. 

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2024

Hi @Robert Reichl , welcome to the community.

I'm not sure I follow your used case here. However, I am wondering why you would not simply use the link feature to link the two issues.

Robert Reichl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 27, 2024

Thank you @Jack Brickey  I am happy to be here. 

I wanted to add a second field where the employee could choose an amount. 

like two/three fields to connect article issues and next to it two/three fields for the amount. 

thanks 

Robert 

Bhanu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2024

To do this, you can develop a behavior if you have the Script Runner for Jira installed.

You can achieve this using add-ons as well, my best suggestion that has great functionality along with dependent fields is Dynamic Forms for Jira.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210820/dynamic-forms-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Robert Reichl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 27, 2024

Thank you @Bhanuneed both addons or one would be enough? 

I would look into in on Monday :) 

Robert Reichl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 27, 2024

A what I also important. I want to have access to the fields through a rest api like to the Normal fields. 

0 votes
Bhanu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2024

Hi @Robert Reichl 

I agree with @Jack Brickey 

I also understand that its a common use case for some business needs. If you need exactly that, its possible using an add-on from the Atlassian Marketplace.

For example one of them: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1227136/issue-picker-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events