Custom forms in jira

Sudheesh S October 1, 2019

Im getting lot of s3 bucket access requests every day and as a part of automation Im planning to automate it. Can we put custom forms when users creating new requests? my plan is to put a form for the access details and get bucket and type of access details through form and automate via slack approval.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2019

You don't need to think about "forms" in Jira - it already has them.  There are four you might see - Create, Edit, View and (sometimes many) for transitions.

In Jira Core, you can keep it quite simple, presenting people with a "create" screen with pretty much nothing other than a summary.  Although I would recommend you give them some "custom fields" to gather more data than just "I want something".  I would then have some more fields that the automation fills in, like the url it creates for them, access details and so-on.

You could also look at Jira Service Desk, which can simplify the interface a lot for your people (and help with automation and reporting on the back end)

Suggest an answer