Custom fields that share the same pool of data

Marios Chrysovergis October 10, 2019

Hi,

I would like to create 2 custom fields (e.g. fix version, affected version). These 2 fields I would like to share the same pool of data as I don't want to enter manually the same version for each field. Is there a way to do that?

I need to mention that we are using jira cloud.

I am not sure if you have any other idea of how to achieve that functionality as it seems very basic.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Marios Chrysovergis October 11, 2019

Actually we found the solution. In the project there are versions. If you want to link the version to a custom field (and then your versions are the pool) then you go to Custom Fileds->Create a new one->go to tab Advanced from the left-> and go at the bottom and select version picker Multiple choice.

Then this custom field takes whatever data are on the Versions field. I really don't know why this was not written before.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2019

The version-picker is a built-in custom field type that picks from the version list. 

This only answers your question for versions.  And the user and group fields too.  There are no other custom fields that work from a global list.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

By design you can't do that. Each field has it's own set of values in the database. There may be a plugin that allows reading a primary field and plugging the value into a different field, but I'm not aware of one. Being in the cloud you're limited as to what is available. 

Suggest an answer