Creating a field to allow for manual input if another field has value 'internal'

philipf
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2024

In jira cloud. in a software project.

My end goal is: use 3rd party tool xporter to generate contracts.

- This is working great, I indicate the field in the template and all works great.

My issue is that for contract I need the client name entered into the ticket. But in some cases that client will not exist in the system.

So what I was hoping was that I could create a field, that would only be used when in the existing client drop-down 'internal' is selected. If an existing client is selected, then that client would populate that field. 

So I guess my question is, can I have a field that will update another field (on the same screen), but is also editable if internal is selected?

I would then point the template to that field that is either manually entered or selected in the other drop-down.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2024

Hello @philipf 

You can set up an automation rule that would copy the client information from the selection list to another field, only when the selection list value is not "Internal".

Jira doesn't have a native method to require an entry in field A when a specific value is selected in field A. That would require a third party app like Adaptavist's Behaviours app.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1228522/behaviours-scriptrunner-for-jira-cloud?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

0 votes
philipf
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2024

Thanls, as always you are the best.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events