Create issue

kA December 2, 2013

Hi friends,

I have created an issue in my OnDemand JIRA. For that issue the workflow could not enable only "open" status was enable. Then i look the issues before and after that issue was created (The issue type and wokflows are same), but all the issues can move to the next status. But for that particular issue i can't able to move to the next status. How can i enable that one for the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik A.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2013

if you are not able to see the workflow action on one issue but able to see the workflow action on other issues which are all on a same issue type, if yes then check the following doc

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Missing+Available+Workflow+Actions

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2013

Look at the conditions on the workflow. They have been set up to block you moving to another status.

Remember that conditions can have all sorts of rules, so your other issues are being allowed to move based on some difference between them. For example, you might have to be the assignee or the reporter...

kA December 2, 2013

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your updates, we could not set any condition on the workflow during the transition.

Thanks,

Karthik a.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2013

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Have you checked the conditions and found that they are blocking you?

kA December 2, 2013

ya i have checked that, there is no codition found to blocking me. Even they are not set any condition on the workflow.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2013

do you have this behaviour on one issue or all the issues on that issue type?

kA December 2, 2013

Hi ram,

Thanks for your updates, For that issue only.

Thanks,

Karthik A.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2013

Rambanam was asking about issue *type*. You might have a different workflow for a different type, and that needs to be checked (I should have mentioned that before - check that you're looking at the right workflow!)

Suggest an answer