Create issue in epic using '+' button doesn't work

Jed September 25, 2019

When I click the plus button and type in a story name, upon clicking the 'create' button, nothing happens. 

http://prntscr.com/pb38gn

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2019

Has this ever worked for you in this project? I am wondering if you have the necessary Create permissions.

can you create an issue in the project in question using the “+” on the main sidebar? 

Is this a Next-gen project or classic?

Jed September 26, 2019

Thank you , your question made me realise that I cannot create issues in the epic and that is why it wouldn't let me from that view. 

This particular 'Project' is an 'Epics' project so I can only link tasks from other projects to it, i can't create the issue from the epic as that epic is part of a project that doesn't have stories or tasks allowed in it.

Ideally, I get to choose the Task type and the project, but i guess it's not that flexible. Also the we we have set up the 'project' is probably a bit different to what is standard? 

thanks

0 votes
SWAPNIL TIWARI September 25, 2019

A few things you could check to narrow the problem -

1. Is there any error while creating the story?
  2. Is the story created in the background? Try searching for what you have created.
Jed September 25, 2019

good questions.

It actually doesn't give me the option to select an issue type. I would assume that it would default to something and I would edit it after.

From what i can see viewing the activity stream it does not create the issue in the background.

No error. when you click nothing happens. there is visual feedback that the button is being clicked as you click on it, but no window popups or errors or anything else.

Suggest an answer