Create issue in epic does not show issue in Issues in Epic list

I created an epic today. I clicked the plus next to the "Issues in Epic" section of the epic to start adding issues that should be in the Epic.  I was able to create the issue, but it does not show in the Issues in Epic section. It sill shows "There are no issues in this epic."  I did verify that the issue was created as I can view it and find it outside of the epic.  We do not have Agile turned on, but this is how we've been handling things for a while now.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Hi Bill,

That's actually reported at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-43962.  For now, to have the Epic field showing you need to have an Agile license. Please start a free trial of it and you should be able to view the field.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Would it be possible to find out why we lost that functionality then? We've planned projects to utilize that Epic linking functionality that was there without the Agile license since we've done our last 2 projects with that working. Currently, that was/is the only functionality that we could foresee using Agile for and didn't want to add on another component.

Whoops, I see the link you provided is actually the OPEN issue for what we are experiencing as an unlicensed agile team.

0 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Jun 22, 2015

Not sure what's happening but have you indexed you JIRA?

I just tried that, thanks for the suggestion. It did not help.  

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

597 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you