Configured fields new issue types default to "All" Instead of what was previously configured

Amanda Brennan November 25, 2019

Is there a way to default configured fields to show "All" every time users create issues? 

Currently, if a user configured fields on a particular issue type (Task, Bug, Story, Epic), the next time that user opens that same issue type those same fields stay configured as "Custom". For example, If a Task issue was created with configured fields, the next time a Task issue is created it would have those same fields still displayed. Same thing for a Bug, Story, Epic and so on. Note: What you configure in a Task wont be configured in a Bug.  

Each project the user has access to has their own set of issue types. The Task issue configured fields in one project will not carry over to a second project. The second project would save the configured fields for the Task issue type belonging to it. Thus, every time the user opens a Task issue in second project the configured fields remain the same for the Task issues. Just like the first project.

I am looking for a way to set the configured fields to show "All" fields each time the user opens any issue, so past configured fields for the issue type will not display. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2019

Hello Amanda,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Following the details you provided, I tested on my local site and if I select Custom, it will show only Custom every time I click to create an issue and it also happens if I select All.

The option to show all tickets it’s not some configuration that an admin can set, it will depend on what users select when creating an issue.

Currently, there is no feature request suggesting that, so please, feel free to raise one on jira.atlassian.com (project JRACLOUD) or if you allow I can copy your question and use it as the description for a new feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Amanda Brennan December 2, 2019

Thank you! Please copy my question and use is as the description for a new feature!

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2019

You are welcome, Amanda!

I created the feature request:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates.

Suggest an answer