Conditional Post Function

Marybeth Feeney October 30, 2019

I just added a Post Function to the transition of "In Progress" to "Fixed" to assign the issue to the reporter.  I would like to make this post function a little smarter so that it is only done for Issue Type "Internal Bug".  Can anyone offer me guidance?  Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

Hello @Marybeth Feeney 

I will suggest you to copy your current workflow and add this post function and associate this one only for the issue type Internal Bug.

Hope this helps

Marybeth Feeney October 31, 2019

Associating it with only the issue type Internal Bug is what I do not know how to do.

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2019

First copy the workflow and make the change you want, then add this workflow to your workflow scheme that its associated with your project. You will be able to choose wich workflow go with wich issue type.

Here the documention 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-your-workflows-776636587.html

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer