Clone into separate project, then transition

Mark Hostetler April 23, 2019

So what I'm trying to do is with a issue is created in Project A, clone that ticket into Project B. If the hotfix checkbox field is set to yes/on, then transition the Project B clone to a particular status.

When a ticket is created inside Project B, the rule runs fine, but when cloned from project A to B it doesn't take effect. 

clone and transition.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brydie McCoy (CB)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2019

Hi Mark,

Sometimes if issues get into a strange workflow state the transition can fail.  Can you transition the cloned issue manually via the UI?  It is possible the problem is actually in the clone issue rule rather than the transition rule

It may be easier to create a support request and attach a screen shot of both rules and we can dig into the problem further.

Cheers,
Brydie [Automation for Jira]

Mark Hostetler April 24, 2019

I was thinking that it had something to do with the clone issue from the other project too...

It is certainly possible to manually move it to that status, we would like it to auto transition to the other status as its critical that it goes through an approval process.

I'll go ahead and open a support request.

Thank you,

0 votes
Mark Hostetler June 21, 2019

So follow up, turned out it was this little guy right here causing the problem. It needed to be checked on.allow rule trigger.jpg

Suggest an answer