Changing the Reporter on an Issue

jose.rangel January 2, 2020

Hi, I am new in Jira,  and also a new user to the system.

They have created my Jira account, but I have a  problem than anybody does and is that when I try to change the reporter it pops up a number 5c5b823d70c88b3ac42545, ...

and if I try to erase the number and search for a reporter typing the name of a reporter that exists and change it is not displayed on my screen and it pops up and error that it says that can not find the reporter. All the other users that are older than my account to the system can perform this operation.

I have checked the reporter's permission on that project and it is already set up.

My account has been set up as an administrator role.

In my profile, my account settings my Profile and visibility are all the fields set up as anyone to see it.

Does anybody have the same problem or any hint of how can I solve it? It seems that is an isolated problem of my account, but I do find when I can set up my account to change the reporter field.

Thanks, ina advance for the support.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2020

Try re-indexing Jira once, and to pop-up names you need to have browse users global permission with having the modify reporter project permission.

Suggest an answer