Changing status when moving column with custom work flow

Matthieu Lux December 12, 2019

Hello Jira masters, I have a question about custom work flows and custom boards.

I created a custom work flow for my epic issue type which cycles between

In design > Ready to develop > In development > Ready to ship > Shipped

All seems well, I can change the status of my epic as expected rather than follow the default To Do > In progress > Done.

Where I am encountering difficulty is that I have created a board to show only my epic and created columns for each of the categories of my custom work flow. Problem is, the status does not change if if I drag and drop my epic across, instead I have to move it and manually change the status from In design to Ready to develop for example.

Any idea of what I am missing? Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

Columns on a board are matched to workflow status in the backend, the only way to move a ticket to another column is if the status is being changed. Having said this, if you are moving the issues from column to column, then the status is changing. Even if you refresh the ticket/board you don't see such change reflected? Send some print screens of the board, ticket example and what you see on the history tab of it's not reflecting the status change.

Suggest an answer