Changing next-gen issue type on a ticket

Jack Lord August 19, 2019

Hi there, 

I've noticed with next-gen projects it seems we now have to "move" a task to change the issue type; previously I believe this required max 2 clicks (click on current issue type then click on the new one from the dropdown) however, with moving, it's a really long process and not very simple. Am I missing something or is there a way to change issue types with 2 clicks?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2019

Hello @Jack Lord 

You can still change the issue type from dropdown list. can you provide a screenshot ? I verify this on my next-gen project and is working. 

If I click on the task it opens is the right and you can change it from there.

change issue type.png

Jack Lord August 20, 2019

Hi @elenushhh 

Yes, I can reach the dropdown, however when clicking on any of the other options it takes me to the "move task" operation, which is what I don't want to have to do.

Thanks for helping!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2019

You have to use "move" if the issue types do not share their configuration - only the move function has all the checks and questions about converting between configurations.

Jack Lord August 20, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- How do I check their configuration and make it the same? I'm purely trying to use these as labels to differentiate tasks in our backlog, but sometimes we need to change them. It shouldn't change anything except the icon (regarding workflows/configs).

Luis Garza August 23, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - I got the same Question as @Jack Lord  Any guidance on how to verify the configuration difference? 

The only place I got is the https://subdomain.atlassian.net/projects/PROJECT/settings/issuetypes/ISSUE_ID

I have compared all my issue types and they match... I must be looking at the wrong place.

On the classic Jira workflows I don't see the next gen project workflows/ issue types.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

It's in the project settings, you need to check that the issue types use the same workflow and configuration scheme, and then also that they have the same custom field contexts from admin -> custom fields.

Suggest an answer