Change status of an issue when another is finished

Azahara Camacho April 26, 2021

Hello,

In my project I have 4 different status: TO DO, READY, IN PROGRESS and DONE. I would like to change the status of an issue when another is DONE. Do you know any option to automate this? I'm trying to implement it, but I do not know how to relate two different issues (no sub-task or parent relation) in an automate rule.

Thanks in advance,

Azahara.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2021

Hi @Azahara Camacho 

As @Kevin Johnson mentioned use the automation rule. Apart from paren-sub-task a similar automation rule can be built for linked issues. I made a video on this topic where I described how to create this rule.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ In the same part where I chose the "sub-task" we can choose other desired linked issues.

Nice Video btw and a Great hairstyle.

Cheers, Kevin.

0 votes
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Hi @Azahara Camacho ,

As per your requirement, how would you like to link the two issues, if it's a parent and child you can go for subtask, if not you can go for normal issue linking as a blocker, relates to, etc.

Regards,

Kevin.

p1.PNG

something like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events