Certain System Fields (Components, Labels, fix version) missing in New View, but visible in Old View

Grayson Bishop November 25, 2019

It appears that certain system fields (e.g. Components, Fix Version, maybe others?) appear in the old view even though they are not listed on the screen configuration. But these same fields do not show in the old view. Furthermore, they don't show up as fields to be added when I go to Configure

Can you confirm this is an issue? If so we can make sure to add these fields to all our screens, since we shouldn't assume they'll be there anymore. Also, is there any outstanding bug for this I can link to / vote for?

The most relevant support article I can find is https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-the-issue-detail-view-764478043.html, which says that Components, Labels, and Fix Versions are displayed by default... but it doesn't say anything about them not displaying in the new view.

InkedScreen Fields (no Component)_LI.jpgInked New View Field Config_LI.jpgInked New View_LI.jpgInked Old View - JIRA_LI.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2019

Hello Grayson,

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, it seems that the fields Components, Labels, fix versions are not appearing when you select the new issue view, however, they are displaying just fine in the old view, although they are not added to your project screens. Is that correct?

Indeed, there are some fields that were displayed by the default in the old issue view, while it must be added to the project screens in new issue view. However, this is not a bug, but an intentional behavior implemented to give you the option to remove or add fields on your screen as you need.

Additionally, Tthe documentation you linked is stating that those fields are "Always displayed" because they can not be hidden using the field configuration page, however, they can be removed from the project screens in case you want to.

That being said, you can execute the following steps to properly display those fields in the new issue view:

1 - Navigate to your project > Project Settings > Screens > Click to edit your screens > make sure the fields are added to your screens. If it is not, click in the drop-down and add them to your screens:

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 18.48.15.png

2 - The new issue view have a feature to define the order and place where the fields should be added to. Once step 1 is completed, navigate to Project Settings > Issue Layout > Make sure the fields are added to any of your screens.

Let me know if this information helps or if I misunderstood your question.

Suggest an answer