Catch email maximum size

Coralie Fontaine December 22, 2013

Hello,
Quick question, is there a max size for our catch address (jira@......atlassian.net) ? I've got some customer who need to sent large files (12mb) but the issues are not created. In our JIRA OnDemand, the max size attachement is set to 15 mb.
Thanks for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2013

Assuming the default MIME encoding scheme for email messages, an actual file size of 12mb requires 16mb size limit. This is only an approximation, so the size might need to be larger.

file size * 1.33

Sine email messages pass through other systems as well, those systems could reject your email messages as well.

Coralie Fontaine December 23, 2013

Even if I set the limit du 25mb, my 12mb email doesn't create an issue in JIRA. Our Exchange server rule is set to 25mb (if I send the same email directely to someone it works) but when it's forwarded to the catch email @atlassian it doesnt. That's why I was wondering if the limit is set there.

Suggest an answer