Cannot save changes to Columns and statuses

Eric Rosenfield December 8, 2021

Hello,

I'm trying to make changes to my Kanban board. I've created a Workflow that works well, and I want to customize the Kanban board, however when I go to the "Columns and statuses" page, while I can add/remove columns and add statuses to columns, I cannot save. The "Save changes" button remains greyed out no matter what I do, I can only "Discard". Changes are not automatically saved, they're not reflected in the Kanban board when I leave the Project Settings.

Please help, I cannot seem to find a solution to this problem. It's not a permissioning problem because I'm an admin for the project.

Thanks,

Eric

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 4.14.34 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2021

Hi @Eric Rosenfield, and welcome to the community!

Based on the screenshot you've shared, it appears to me that your board is not ready to be saved because the last column in the right needs to have a status on which the category is Done (displayed in green). 

I can see that Closed and Done are not assigned to any column. Would you please give a try setting one of the statuses in green to the right column of your board?

Cheers,

Alex

Eric Rosenfield December 9, 2021

Thanks, this worked! It would be helpful if Jira provided some kind of feedback like "One column needs to have a Done status to save" so a user could understand why there is a problem.

Like Alex likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events