Cannot edit/delete comments even though permissions are correct

The edit/delete icons don't appear. My permissions are as attached. Any help much appreciated

image2014-11-12 12:0:9.png

5 answers

You need to hover with the cursor over the comment, only then the icons will appear.

Thanks - but that does not do anything - I hover over the comment but no icons appear

Cheers

Kit

What does the permission helper say?

If permission helper says you can, then could you try another browser.

looking at your permissions, unless you are a developer, you will only be able to edit your own comments and not someone elses.

So I am an Admin and in QA - but not in the developer role, so according to your permissions setup I could edit my own comments but NOT everyones (I could delete as admin, but not edit).

So are you trying to edit your own comments, or someone elses?

0 votes

Kit,

The best thing to do on this case is to run the permission helper and verify the outcome. Please refer the screenshot below as example.

Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 5.26.27 PM.png

To run the permission helper, please refer the URL below.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Admin+Helper#JIRAAdminHelper-PermissionHelper

Hope it helps!

Cheers!

L.F

Thanks -  I run the permission helper to see if I can delete my comments on an issue. It says I can - but I get no delete icon on that (or any issue). See screenshoits below

image2014-11-13 8:24:3.png

image2014-11-13 8:23:18.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,799 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot