Cannot edit Fix Versions

Robert Brown May 24, 2022
  • I am experiencing this issue on only one project. I have many projects where I am able to work releases without issue.
  • I am project administrator. (also JIRA sys admin)
  • I have an open release to associate to (I have even closed a release with no issues associated)
  • I have one 'screen' across all projects and at first just wasn't showing up as a 'Context Field', but when I moved it to main screen I realized that was probably because it wasn't editable.
  • All the Screen Types, Read/Edit etc are pointing to same screen
  • The field shows available when I do 'Where's my field'
  • I have toggled 'Releases' on and off.

I've spent already too much time that makes sense on this. What else is going on here?

2022-05-24_17-13-36.png2022-05-24_17-13-54.png2022-05-24_17-14-10.png2022-05-24_17-14-19.png2022-05-24_17-14-30.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2022

Hi @Robert Brown 

Thanks for the nice explanation of the issue.

Since this is happening to only one project, perhaps you could review the permission scheme for that project and ensure your user has the Resolve Issue permission.

The permission helper can give you a quick answer to that. 

I hope it helps.

Cheers, 

Alex

Robert Brown May 24, 2022

OMG.

I spent an hour on this and was pulling my hair out.

How this permission was changed, I have no clue, but this was it.

Thank you.

Like Alex likes this
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2022

Nice! I am happy it helped!

This is a typical scenario for questions on Jira certification exams.

Cheers,

Alex

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events