Cannot create an issue in Kanban Project

Charles Dominic Ventura October 10, 2019

Whenever I try to create a new issue, the project dropdown is not showing the Kanban project where I want to create the issue. The Kanban board is in a project of its own. I do have other boards, but they are next-gen boards. This issue I'm having with is with a classic kanban board.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

Hi @Charles Dominic Ventura

This issue can occur if you do not have the permission "Create Issues" assigned in this particular project.

Please ask the project lead/ administrator to check if you have "Create Issues" permission assigned in this project in Jira.

Solved it. Thanks!

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

Hi Charles,

You may have checked this, but just in case: Did you check that your user has permissions to create issues in that project that doesn't show in the list?

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2019

Nevermind, Deepanshu was faster than me :-)

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this

Hi Carlos. Solved it already. Thanks!

Like Carlos Garcia Navarro likes this

Suggest an answer