Can we allow anonymous users to vote on issues?

We want anonymous/unregistered users to be able to view issues and vote on issues, but nothing else. We found the Browse Projects permission for viewing issues, but the only permission for voting is View Voters and Watchers which is not what we need. Is this possible? If the ability to vote is indirectly tied to another permission, such as Edit Issues, that might be OK as voting is an important part of our workflow and we would be willing to accept the risk associated with a broader permission.

2 answers

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2012

Hi Mike,

I think, an anonymous user should not vote for an issue. If you would allow this, a user could vote a thousand times for an issue. And on the other hand, a user cannot remove his vote if he is not logged in.

Best regards

Thomas

Thanks Thomas. Very good point. I guess this is ultimately a sales question. I don't mind requiring our users to sign up, but I don't want to pay for hundreds of users that will only be voting.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2012

It is not associated with any poermission. You must be logged in and should be able to view the issue. Anonymous users can't vote even if they se the issue because they are not logged in!

Suggest an answer