Can't see a field when I try to add a new field configuration

Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2022

In my personal free Jira account, I created a new field, and intend to create additional ones, and would like to make them hidden and optional.  I wish to populate each of the new fields by Rule when a particular status is selected.  When I try to add a field configuration, the editable fields that appear do not include my new field.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

Are you working with a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project? Field Configurations apply only to Company Managed projects, and the fields that show up there are only the ones created through Administration > Issues > Custom Fields.

I have not worked with the Free version before, but I have not found anything yet in documentation that indicates limitations on custom fields and field configurations.

Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2022

Thanks.  Last I recall, I went forward with what you're describing, and the field is visible.

Suggest an answer