Can't assign issues to users

Taylor Wilson July 29, 2014

I can't seem to assign issues to users because I can't see anyone in the "asignee" drop down menu. The only person in the drop down menu is myself.

I am a system admin and have also added the 'browse users' permission to all of the admins, which includes myself. Any advice would be appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2014

Hi Taylor, do your users have the "Assignable" permission in your permission scheme? That allows issues to be assigned to them.

Taylor Wilson July 29, 2014

Just figured this out as I saw this! Thanks!!

Sally Ndungu November 13, 2014

how do you enable the Assignable permission for a user to be able to be assigned issues??

David Zalar March 20, 2015

I'm struggling with this assigning issues too. I tried to change to developers and I can't figure it out for hours now. Can you help?

3 votes
WEBCODER LTD (EU) February 19, 2018

We just upgraded JIRA to the latest version. Before, I was able to manually create tickets on JSD myself then assign to users belonging to a group. This group in included in Users & Groups under Customers although just to be sure added some individual users belonging to this group. In Permissions have the same group added to Assignable and even added Jira Service Desk Customers portal. I am getting an error from JIRA that there is a problem with permissions when these two new groups are added and automated fixing removes them resetting back to Administrators and JSD agents.

I still can't see any of the users belonging to include group when type their names. This worked prior to upgrade so Atlassian must have changed the way it works or messed up!! More and more mistakes are made on their side... the product is degrading in quality very fast not to mention support that don't bother to read and act upon customer tickets that are left unasssigned and witout any response.

0 votes
Thomas Nagel August 18, 2014

Hello Taylor, i stumbled on that question also. The point is - you need to type some letters of the user name, then all matching users will be shown. This, however, is not obvious to a new admin.

@Atlassian-GUI-Designers: please check whether alsways a tooltip is visible, even before any letter is typed.

Om shanti

Suggest an answer