Can't add columns to Next Gen board

Peigi MacKillop January 26, 2021

Hiya (as an admin) I haven't been able to add new columns to a next Gen board for over a week now. I get the message 'Something's gone wrong An error occurred on our end...', I have tried chrome and Edge, with no luck. Anyone had this?Jira3.png

5 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

Hey @Peigi MacKillop

I suggest opening an internal ticket to check your problem at the portal below:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Additionally, I worked with a customer that was facing a similar problem a while ago, and he was able to work around it by using the "Manage Workflow" menu to properly create the columns to the Next-gen board:

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 11.14.53.png

Can you check if you are able to do that?

Yes, that has worked, many thanks.

Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

Ah nice - thank you @Petter Gonçalves ! 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2021

@Peigi MacKillop I just wanted to circle back on this one as I got resolution with Atlassian support today.  It appears that our issue was because we were on VPN and the issue was on the firewall.

If you haven't already, it would be good to raise this internally for your IT team, maybe they could whitelist the Atlassian IPs to make sure that everything is allowed to not impact your experience while using Jira. Also, this is another documentation that has additional IP's from the one that I've shared above.

Peigi MacKillop February 8, 2021

Many thanks for that, it's really helpful.

0 votes
Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2021

@Peigi MacKillop

I encountered the same issue yesterday and raised an internal service ticket with Atlassian. If I get any further information, I'll loop back to this post and let you know of my findings.

Many thanks :-)

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2021

Hi @Peigi MacKillop 

Welcome to community! Most probably you've encountered this bug. When a wrong character encoding has caused a duplicated column in the background for the workflow. have you tried creating another column with a different name? For this type of situation, you will need to reach out to Atlassian support so they can fix it for you. 

It's definitely a next gen board, I have tried upper case. lower, with spaces, without, etc. etc. :-(

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2021

Then most probably its a bug on the workflow.  I've asked Atlassian, to reach out on this post.

Like Peigi MacKillop likes this

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2021

Hello @Peigi MacKillop ,

Next gen projects are simple. which are used for hands-on for Jira for new users and when you no need customizations to workflows / screen / boards.

You can't allowed to add columns in Next Gen projects.

Thanks

It allowed me to add columns previously. I set the board up last week and it allowed me to add a column.

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2021

Can you please recheck once.

May be it is created in Classic project or something.

Jira4.pngHi, it is definitely a a next-gen board I have tried upper case, lower, spaces, without spaces and it won't work.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events