Can all jira users create projects?

Gendric Jose Morales Viviani January 21, 2020

How can I restrict access to project creation? . If The default group is: Jira-Users.

I appreciate your attention in this regard. Thank you

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Hi @Gendric Jose Morales Viviani,

For information regarding managing project permissions, check out our documentation on global permissions as well as project permissions.

Plus here's a conversation thread that you may find handy. 

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers,

Hannah

Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Hi @Gendric Jose Morales Viviani - Furthermore, you should also keep in mind that if you have a Jira Software Cloud license, all users can create next-gen projects.

Next-gen projects are independent, and thus they should have no impact on the configuration of any other project in Jira. However, if you still want to restrict people from creating them, you'll need to restrict access to the Create next-gen projects global permission.

Like Hannah McKenzie likes this
Gendric Jose Morales Viviani January 24, 2020

Thank you. Your recommendation has already been applied.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

@Gendric Jose Morales Viviani 

Definitely it is a great question! You don't want all your users be able to create projects.

If you are a Jira Admin, you want to make sure that the Jira-Users group should never be added to the Jira Administrators Project Role, or have your jira admin check it.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 6.48.13 PM.png

Best

Fadoua

Suggest an answer