Can I view a column in KanBan Board as a list instead of cards (like backlog list)

Caroline Thom January 9, 2020

Hi when using the KanBan board in Jira, i wondered is it possible to change the view of one of the colums from a column of cards to a list of rows like diplayed in backlog.

This way it will be easier for me to see all the work done for a Development cycle than going through every card. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks Caroline

QA

3 answers

0 votes
Benn0 November 29, 2020

You could try to create a saved filter, using the issue search. Filter for the projects and status of Done and save the filter with a name, such as "Done Items". Then you can see this as a list, or list with a details pane. 

In server version, you can add a link to your JIRA project, such as the "Done Items" filter. This way you can see the "Done Items" link when you view your board.

0 votes
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Hi Caroline,

My understanding is that you want to see the tickets in the list view instead of as cards on the 'Kanban board' page.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to configure that way at the moment.

Caroline Thom January 13, 2020

Can I not add the Done column to the Backlog page and view it as a list that way as suggested above ?

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2020

Hi @Caroline Thom and welcome to Community!

You sure can, go to your board settings and add a status into the Backlog column:

backlog-kanban.png

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Caroline Thom January 9, 2020

Thankyou so much I'll try this now :-)

Suggest an answer