Can I link a project to a task in another project?

Sivakumar February 19, 2019

Hello,

I want to link a project to a task from another project.

For example, there are two projects in my account named "A" and "B". I have created an issue named "A1" under the project "A". 

Now, I want to show the project "B" when I click the task "A1" from the project "A". Is it possible?

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

2 answers

2 votes
Marcela Junyent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2019

You could add a Project Picker Custom field.  Its an easy solution and I think it does the trick

Sivakumar February 19, 2019

Thanks. I'm new in the Jira. Could you please point me out how to add a project picker custom field?

Marcela Junyent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2019

To add custom fields: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/adding-a-custom-field-938847222.html

Select the advanced customs fields (Image attached). And then add it to the screen..

ProjectPicker.JPG

Like # people like this
Ivo Colic March 16, 2023

Thanks 

Like Kalos Bonasia likes this
1 vote
Alex Crockett November 20, 2019

Hi @Sivakumar 

If you open an issue and select the link button (opens a link field) you can search for the issue you want to link. I was able to do this across projects.

Also, because I don't want to manage my projects by opening separate projects, and want to see everything in one place, created an 'overview' project, I used the classic project format instead of Next Gen format. In the board settings I created a filter that just queries all my projects. You have quite a bit of control once this is done over how things are grouped and sorted.

Hope this helps.Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 2.15.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-20 at 2.20.37 PM.png

Suggest an answer