Can I assign additional values to components

Martin Duffy October 1, 2019

I am looking to configure components to be a list of the main business services we have identified, what I would like to do is to be able to assign additional values, SLA's, response times, core hours etc 

Is this possible ? and if so, could anyone suggest the best way to go about it ? 

Thanks in advance 

M

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2019

Hi @Martin Duffy 

In that case use Jira Service Desk it has the SLA functionality out of the box which can be based on components.

or take a look at SLA Time and Report app on the market place.

Ravi

Martin Duffy October 1, 2019

Ravi, thanks for the prompt response, just so I am clear, I am very new to Jira so bear with me ........ 

I can assign different SLA's to specific individual components ?  

Like Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ likes this
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2019

Well kind, you don't really assign SLA to component but instead in the the definition of SLA you choose the query (JQL) and the query can be based on any field in Jira, that means you can use components.

Time to first repose SLA could be 2 hours or 4 hours based on component 1 or component 2.

So basically it is upto you how you define your SLA.

Ravi

Suggest an answer