Can I add Resolution to a Classic Software Project?

Greg Tucker March 10, 2021

Can I add Resolution to a Classic Software Project? 

I don't see the Resolution field in Issue Layout under Project Settings. 

However, I have added the Resolution field to configure screen (system level) -- see below. Something is missing but I am not sure what. 

Screenshot 2021-03-10 185055.png

Screenshot 2021-03-10 185438.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

Hi Greg,

You have the configuration done correctly, you just have to be Jira ticket Done / Closed.

You can see this Atlassian https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69556, ticket which announces the implementation of Resolution from 9.3.2021.

Cheers,

Pavel

Sounds good. The user doesn't get to modify the Resolution value? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

You have to modify the workflow if you wish to expose the option to select the resolution value.

1. create a screen to expose the resolution field
  2. edit the workflow in diagram mode
  3. double-click the transition(s) to done/closed and add the screen to the transition
  4. add a Validator to the transition(s) to require the Resolution.
  5. on any reopen transition be sure to clear the Resolution using a clear field Post function

Thanks. I have done these steps. I have added Resolution and Due date to a new Screen called FE Resolution. And done all the other things, and assigned the workflow. BUT, the Resolved field doesn't show up in the FE Resolution screen on transition. See below. 

Screenshot 2021-03-10 210741.png

Screenshot 2021-03-10 211051.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2021

Please share an image of your transition screen illustrating where you have associated the FE Resolution screen. Also, make sure you have Published the workflow after changes

Like this? Confirmed it is assigned to the workflow scheme and published. 

Screenshot 2021-03-11 065811.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2021

no.... that is just the Validator that requires the entry and gives the user an error on the screen that needs to popup. the question is do you have a screen assigned to the transition? Like this...

2021-03-10_17-05-00.jpg

Like Greg Tucker likes this

Yes. There are 3 transitions into Done and all of them have it. Due date field is also on the form, and it does appear when I select the Resolve transition in the ticket (as does Comment, which seems to be automatic). Only Resolution field does not appear. 

Screenshot 2021-03-11 155832.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events