Bulk editing Resolution without affecting updated date

Olya Kosousova February 14, 2020

Hi there, 

We have just introduced the Resolution field to our Workflow. We have a bunch of legacy issues now without Resolution. I need to bulk update these to "Done" without affecting the last updated date. How would I go about this? 

Thanks so much in advance. 

2 answers

2 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2020

Hi Olya,

in that case the updated timestamp is really affected - like you say. I had a positive result using Adaptavist ScriptRunner (Built-In Scripts / Fix Resolutions). There might be other Apps around that I don't have tested so far.

Without an App there is no way to my knowledge to update the resolutions without changing the timestamp.

Cheers,
Daniel

Olya Kosousova February 14, 2020

Thanks so much, Daniel! I'll give it a go :) 

0 votes
George Mihailoff July 15, 2020

@Olya Kosousova you can do a bulk issue update, but as you pointed out, the problem is that it will set the resolution date to the current date and skew your reports.

You can try our free addon (Quantifythat has a special "resolution checker" tool. Because we deal with things like time in status, throughput and other Kanban metrics we have the data (and brevity) to fix this. 

Suggest an answer