Bulk creation of subtasks in Next-Gen project

Alessandra Vita November 28, 2019

Hi all! I am struggling with bulk import of subtasks from .csv in next-gen project. I created the file but I am getting errors due to parent ID (which should be correct and referring to the ID of the story I want to link the subtask to).

Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot,

Alessandra

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Hi @Alessandra Vita

Tested this just now and it works fine for us - the fields in our file were:

• Summary
  • Issue Type (mapped to Issue Type > Subtask)
  • Parent ID (mapped to parent id)

If it's failing completely, is there a custom field involved? There is a known bug for this, see JRACLOUD-70949

If it's not this - could you provide the specific error you receive?

Ste

Alessandra Vita December 2, 2019

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_  thanks for getting back. Tried as well but I get the following error: Subtask doesn't have a valid Parent Id selection. Issue will not be created , which is quite strange as I extracted parent id from Jira .csv in order not to mess up.

Best regards,

Alessandra

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2019

Hi @Alessandra Vita

Are you using Parent ID or Parent's Issue Key? We use the parent's issue key which works fine.

Ste

Suggest an answer